Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Love it!

What a relief. This book is definitely a page turner. I have found it so much easier to engage in, unlike some of our previous texts. The narrator is very interesting. Not only am I intrigued by his invisible identity, I am amazed at the life he has given up to be in that invisible state. Though I do not know yet why he lives in an abandoned basement without a real identity now, I am extremely curious as to what happened to make him go there. It seems so far, that he was a very intellectual student who had a lot going for him. Although, I felt a lot of the time he was very anxious like when he kept saying to Mr. Norton that they should leave Mr. Trueblood’s house soon and how he was worried about Mr. Norton dying and him being at fault. This is definitely my style of writing. One of my favorite books I read along time ago was The Color Purple and this for some reason reminds of it. I like the style of writing and am really intrigued most of the time. I liked the way the narrator talks about his invisible identity only slightly and then goes back in time and gives us a story of how it all went down. His use of imagery is great and his work creates vivid illustrations for the reader. I really really like this one so far!!

No comments:

Post a Comment